Monday, May 26, 2008

Mermaid in Atimonan, Quezon


I am sharing this photo of a mermaid's statue in Barangay Angeles, Atimonan, Quezon, which, my sister was able to capture in her camera. I searched through the google for other such similar mermaids by the sea. Of course, there's the famous Little Mermaid in Copenhagen Denmark. But the only other mermaid by the sea I've seen is the one in Mazatlan, Mexico (the Grand Cayman mermaid is in the sea floor). I think the local barangay should make something out of this. It definitely is a spot worth visiting.

2 comments:

U/W gypsy said...

Hi thanks for featuring our "Sirena" in your site. I grew up in Atimonan - your post made me wonder why I didnt even stop, even once, to take a photo of it, or better, to take a photo with the Sirena. I'll definitely do it when I visit my hometown again. Thanks

Tom said...

Last week, we traveled to Legaspi City. On our way back, we pulled over in Atimonan to view and take pictures of the Mermaid.

Please check my blog.